Saturday, August 9, 2008

First Grade Science

First Graders are the luckiest kids at PKY!

Since a large part of first grade life science is the study of living organisms, specifically including plants, I would like for each student to choose a type of plant to contribute to our classroom. Please encourage them to choose plants that need low-light and can thrive indoors.

To make it simple, I have a list available at Garden Gate Nursery (just ask them). I chose Garden Gate because their plants are not sprayed with pesticides and since the children will be handling plants extensively, I felt this was an appropriate choice. Of course you are welcome to bring in any plant you like. Succelents are also welcome, as we will study desert habitats & plants.

See more details about first grade science in the "Calling All Experts" section of this blog.

Please bring your plant to Meet the Teacher on Aug 15th between 11-1pm.

1 comment:

KD said...

I LOVE the idea of having each child bring in a plant. Of course, I am having as much trouble as the kids thinking about getting back into the swing of the school year our plant will arrive the first week of school. I am guessing I am not alone among parents!!